Black Bean Taco Filling
- 1 can black beans drained (when I am out of cans I use an equal amount of cooked black beans but I have also used other beans as well)
- 3/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curcuma
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice (if not in season I use a bottled version)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
Fry the onions and the garlic until light brown in some olive oil, add all the spices (chili powder, cumin and curcuma) and stir some more. Combine black beans and lime juice in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Fill your Taco’s with the black bean mixture and top with some fresh tomatos, sour cream and grated hard cheese.