Another week passed and I am still trying to keep track of all my savings, some are small some are big, some are perhaps not mentionable, some are different. I like to save money the way that I do, I like to not spend. But that doesn’t mean that my life is more easy. In fact, the other day on a forum where I also posted my savings, some asked me how I got the time to do all the things I do, like I had more hours in the day then they. I think that I also save a lot of money by NOT doing what most people do with their time: watching the tele, gaming or whatever digital things people do. I just do little things, every day, which make a lot in the end of the week. That is why I like to write about it too, it gives a nice look on what I have accomplished, frugally.
* Made 5 liter of laundry detergent from home made soap and 3 liters of laundry softener from plain white vinegar and my own concoction of essential oils. For the detergent I reused an old laundry detergent container but when I put my vinegar in another one, the vinegar leaked. I put it now in my fancy vintage apothecary pots.
* I got 2x 5 kilo bags of Yasmin Rice, what a lovely fragrant that rice has! I put this in my food storage, I first have to finish my Basmati Rice. The Yasmin Rice is a bit more expensive then other rice, but I think when cooked it has such a lovely fragrant, it is just a little present. 1 bag was 7,50 euro (that is 1,50 euro per kilo).
* The roots from the green onions I dehydrated and ground to a powder, last week, are starting to grow little greens again. I am curious how that will work out.
* I got some raw milk from my farmer and made yogurt and hard cheese (Dutch/Gouda cheese).
* I finally perfected my grape pie, and I am very happy to be able to have a fun recipe for my home canned grapes in vanilla syrup. I also made a savory green onion pie, home made pizza and cinnamon buns.
I got some gardening going: planted some lamb’s lettuce and early spinach in an old drawer, covered with an old window. I bought bags small tunnel green houses and a small green house. I would love some tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers! In the newspaper it said that nature is one month ahead of time, so I am also speeding up the start of the garden.
This week we bought another chicken. Yes,we have only 2 chickens, but it is just fun to have chickens in my very small backyard. The first chicken we got, is from our neighbor, the chicken was picking other chickens. The new chicken was also picked but within a day they were drinking and eating together, so all is all right. They both are very funny: they love to walk with you in the garden and when I am weeding they are there, looking what I do: “hey, what is that big chicken doing? She does has all the good greens”.